Monday, March 21, 2011

Crafter's Corner Monday!



This is a review for netGalley







Title:The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion
SubTitle:37 Patterns to Embrace, Inspire & Celebrate Life
Publisher:The Taunton Press
Pub Date:09/07/2010







Publisher's Views: The Prayer Shawl Ministry is an extraordinary group that has touched lives in extraordinary ways across the world for more than a decade. With their latest book, Janet Bristow and Victoria A. Cole-Galo continue to reach out to people of all faiths in sadness and celebration, this time with crocheted wraps, or prayer shawls. In their follow-up to the 2008 bestseller The Prayer Shawl Companion, the authors have once again brought together crafters, their inspiring tales, and comforting, thoughtful blessings. The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion features 37 beautifully designed prayer shawl patterns contributed by everyday crocheters and professional knitwear designers alike, including Nicky Epstein, Mary Beth Temple, and Doris Chan, among others. The instructions are easy to follow and the patterns represent a range of skill levels.




My Review: I can't wait to try crocheting several of the designs in this book. I'm a beginner so it will take me forever to finish a project. The explainations and directions for the projects are easy to follow. The designs are beautiful Great color usage and beautiful images. Thanks so much for sharing your book with me. I would definitely recommend this book to others who crochet or even those wanting to learn. Once someone gets the basic stitches down and learns to read patterns this book should be easy to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to look for this book. I can knit but want to learn to crochet. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my page Mary. Hope you find it as useful and delightful as I did.

    ReplyDelete