Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Book Review

Directly from Elm Creek Quilters: Master quilter Sylvia Compson shares the secrets of her creative gifts with her young assistant, Sarah McClure. During their lessons, the intricate, varied threads of Sylvia's life begin to emerge. It is the story of a young wife living through the hardships and agonies of the World War II home front; of a family torn apart by jealously and betrayal; of misunderstanding, loss, and a tragedy that can never be undone.


My Review: I just spent the better part of the morning finishing up an outstanding book. Yes I know its not a new release but I plan to catch up on her all of her books. I just finished "The Quilter's Apprentice" by Jennifer Chiaverini. If you love quilts, love quilting, and family history stories then this book is one to read. Now, I can't wait to get the next book in the series. This book deserves 4 ❤''s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment